Have you ever come in from a long, hot day of yard work and grabbed the plump, juicy looking orange out of the fruit bowl only to peel it open and find that it’s rotten on the inside? That moment is always so disappointing! Sometimes our bodies can pull that trick on us too. How healthy are you? We can look healthy on the outside but don’t feel healthy on the inside. This could be due to missing vital nutrients, hormone imbalances, or an infection. Before searching on WebMD for a simple answer to a stomachache and finding out it could be a rare parasite, get the facts with a general health blood test panel.
There are a series of blood tests that can give you the factual answers to what is going on inside your body. ProHealth combined routine blood tests together to create the General Health Panel for an overall look at your health. Below is a breakdown of the purpose of each test.
Tests included in the ProHealth General Health Panel ($135):
- A combination of a comprehensive metabolic panel, lipid panel, and hepatic panel all in one test. This test will evaluate your mineral levels and body functions like liver, kidney, electrolyte balance, cholesterol, and metabolism.
- sodium, potassium, chloride, glucose, creatinine, iron, uric acid, calcium, alkaline phosphatase, total protein, albumin, globulin, bilirubin, AST (aspartate aminotransferase), ALT (alanine transaminase), GGT (gamma-glutamyl transferase), cholesterol, triglycerides, HDL, LDL, and cholesterol/HDL ratio
CBC (Complete Blood Count)
- This test is used to detect a range of disorders like anemia, infection, and signs of leukemia.
TSH (Thyroid-Stimulating Hormone)
- This test evaluates your thyroid hormone in your blood. This test can show signs for hypothyroidism or hyperthyroidism.
- This test is used to detect a urinary tract infection, kidney disease and diabetes.
There might not always be clear signs on the outside of a small health issue on the inside. A blood test can help determine if a small lifestyle change can be made to make a big impact on your health and wellbeing or if your needing further medical further attention. ProHealth’s General Health Panel is available for a discounted bundle price of $135. There is no doctor order is needed for a blood or at ProHealth. Walk-in or schedule an appointment at one of our seven locations for a General Health Panel.